The Wellcome Trust-funded conference ‘Other Psychotherapies – across time, space, and cultures’ at the University of Glasgow brings contemporary Western expertise into dialogue with psychotherapeutic approaches from ‘other’ spatially, historically or otherwise ‘distant’ cultures. Having confirmed the programme of speakers for the event, we are delighted to announce that general registration is now open.
Registration costs £40 for general admittance, and £15 for students/service users. Ticket price includes attendance at the conference on 3rd-4th April 2017, including lunch and refreshments on both days, and a buffet dinner on Mon 3rd April. The conference will be held at the Wolfson Medical Building, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8LQ.
To register, and to see our full programme of speakers, please visit our Eventbrite page.
- Dr Gavin Miller (Chair), Medical Humanities Research Centre/English Literature, University of Glasgow
- Dr Sofia Xenofontos, Classics, University of Glasgow
- Dr Cheryl McGeachan, Geographical and Earth Sciences, University of Glasgow
- Dr Ross White, Psychological Sciences, University of Liverpool
- Dr Claudia Lang, Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich: ‘Theory and practice in Ayurvedic psychotherapy’
- Dr Chiara Thumiger, Classics and Ancient History, University of Warwick: ‘Therapies of the word in ancient medicine’
- Dr Elizabeth Roxburgh, Psychology, University of Northampton: ‘Anomalous experiences and mental health’
- Dr Jennifer Lea, Geography, University of Exeter: ‘Building “A Mindful Nation”? The use of mindfulness meditation in educational, health and criminal justice settings’
Please email the organisers if you have any queries.