Perspectives on the (Bio)medical Body in Science, Literature, Culture and Politics
by organizers Associate Professor A. Fliethmann, Associate Professor R. Kokanovic, Dr. C. Weller
The conference wishes to create a broader context for analysing cultural, literary, scientific and political constructions of the (bio)medical body, and therefore seeks to generate interest in the topic from a wide range of disciplines from anthropology, history, media theory, literature, art history, film, political studies, socials sciences, criminology, law and medicine.
We would like to invite papers to the following panels but will also accept topics of interest not captured by the panels listed:
- Imagination and Medicine
- Medical Imaging, Images of the Body
- (Bio)medical Body in Film, Literature and Theatre
- The Politics of the (Bio)medical Body
- (Bio)medical Body in Art History
- (Bio)medical Body and the Law
- Media Theory, the Body of Imagination & the Image of the Body
- Psychiatric Images / Outsider Art
Please email proposals no later than Friday, 1 July 2016.